Sugar-Free PBfit Bark
Almond Butter Pie With Cacao Crust
|1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour + extra for rolling|
|1/4 cup Cacao Powder|
|1/4 cup Coconut Palm sugar|
|1/4 rounded tsp kosher salt|
|5 oz Virgin Coconut Oil or unsalted butter-cold|
|4-5 Tbsp Ice water|
|1 cup PBfit Almond Butter Spread|
|1 8 oz package vegan cream cheese, softened|
|1 1/4 cups powdered sugar|
|1 8 oz package whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed|
|Chocolate Ganache Topping:|
|4 oz dark chocolate|
|1/2 cup full fat coconut milk|
For the Crust:
1. Add flour, cacao powder, sugar, and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Then transfer to a food processor fitted with the dough blade. Cube the coconut oil or cold butter and add to the flour mixture. Pulse several times until coconut oil or butter is about pea and bean size, variation in size is okay but no smaller than a pea.
2. Turn the food processor to the “on” position and drizzle cold water over the dough mixture through the water hole, as soon as the dough starts to pull together turn the food processor off. You may need to stop the food processor in between and get a spatula to get the flour at the bottom to mix up.
3. Turn the dough out on the counter or cutting board and shape it into a disk. Wrap in plastic and rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Preheat oven 425 degrees.
5. Use this chocolate pie dough as you would a regular pie dough. Roll it out into a circle about 2” larger than your pie dish.
6. Refrigerate dough in pie dish for 20 minutes.
7. Remove dough from the fridge, pierce the bottom and sides of the dough with a fork to prevent air pockets while baking.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
9. Let cool before filling.
For the Filling:
1. Beat the almond butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
2. Fold in the thawed whipped topping and fold until smooth, do not over mix or the filling will be runny and may not set in pie shell.
3. Pour the filling into the crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Chill for at least an hour before topping with chocolate ganache.
For the Ganache:
1. Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat,
heat coconut milk to a gentle simmer. (Do not let it come to a rapid boil, too hot for the chocolate)
2. Pour over chocolate and let sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate. Whisk chocolate and coconut milk together until smooth.
3. Let the ganache sit for 5 minutes till it is slightly cooled. Remove chilled pie from the fridge and spread ganache over the top of the pie and spread till smooth. The ganache will set quickly on top of the pie since it its cold, spread quickly and let set slightly. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and
4. Chill for about 15 minutes before serving.